I’m so excited to share that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award! What is the Liebster award? A virtual award that recognizes new bloggers! It also allows us to connect with and support others in the blogging community by picking some of our fave bloggers to share with you all too.
So without further ado, on to the good stuff!
I was nominated by the fabulous Nicole over at Camping for Women. A fantastic resource that provides women with the information and tips necessary to enjoy the great outdoors.
Here’s a bit more about her blog!
Camping for Women is still a relatively new blog with a big vision to publish works from outdoor women adventurers around the world to benefit women who have a genuine love of nature. Founder Nicole Anderson works with contributors across 8 of the globe’s major regions to build and develop a central hub of information, resources, articles, and videos to maximize women’s enjoyment of the great outdoors everywhere. I am thrilled to have been nominated by them!
Part of the nomination includes answering 11 questions posed by the blogger that nominated you. Here goes for the questions Nicole has asked me to share!
1.What inspired you to start your blog?
It was my love and passion for home decor, diy and big design on a small budget. I wanted to share all of the things I’ve learned and enjoy. I’m always hoping to inspire a “can do” spirit with people who might be nervous to tackle home decor/diy!
2. What do you like to do in the great outdoors?
I love just being in nature where it’s quiet, surrounded by trees. Walking in the woods and swimming are my top faves!
3. What would be your most memorable experience outdoors?
My husband proposed when we were walking in the woods near my childhood home, doesn’t get much more memorable than that!
4. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? (past or present)
Hmmm, that’s a hard one, I have to say Emily Dickinson. I’ve been a lover of her poetry as long as I can remember. She’s so mysterious in her writings yet powerful.
5. What is your favorite past-time or hobby?
It’s a tie between doing DIY projects, shopping for my next unique item for the house and spending time with my hubs and kids.
6. Where would you most like to visit in the world?
There are so many places I would love to visit. On the list is India, all across Europe, and an over the water bungalow in Bora Bora.
7. What is your most favorite childhood memory?
I grew up in a tiny town on a lake. The lake is where all my best childhood memories are, we lived for the summers when we could go out on the boat and swim all day long.
8. Is there a particular skill you would really like to have?
I wish I had more artistic ability, as in drawing and painting. Even when I attempt something abstract I overthink it and it never comes out like I envisioned it.
9. How are you the most creative in what you do?
I don’t follow a particular set of rules with home decor/design as I build a space based on my gut, if that makes sense! I often challenge myself to think outside of the box which is by definition, creating.
10. What’s really great about where you live?
We are fortunate enough to live on a lake in Colorado and we spend most of our free time there in the summers. And on top of the lake we have beautiful mountain views and the opportunity to head up there whenever time allows.
11. What do you see eventually happening for your blog?
I wish to see the blog’s reach grow which would allow me to inspire and empower people to create their own beautiful spaces.
10 Random Facts
Hold on to yer butts:
- Anything I drink has to be either ice cold or super hot. I don’t know why and I know it sounds super high maintenance, yikes. I heat my cup of coffee up every 5 minutes until I finish it. And wine, I don’t care what color it is it has to be cold cold and of course I always load my water bottle with half ice 10k times a day.
- I got married at a fresh 19 years of age. Not to my high school sweetheart but an incredible guy I met freshman year of college. We’re celebrating 16 years of marriage this month!
- I have 3 tattoos, each represents something very important to me. 2 are for my family and one is for my love of dogs.
- My kids think my favorite food is salad. Isn’t that sad?! They just assume that since I eat so much of it. My fave thing to eat is actually dark chocolate.
- I’m not afraid to be myself and most often that means standing apart from the crowd in some fashion. This last year has been all about the hair color. I’ve gone from pink, to deep blue/green to light blue/green to purple.
- My 13 year old son is already 4 1/2 inches taller than me and I am totally weirded out by that every.single.day.
- I love every single color under the rainbow except brown and red.
- I have a chandy in the master bath water closet (aka toilet) And I love it! There’s nowhere one isn’t fabulous.
- I try to do as much as I can myself….grooming all 4 of our dogs, groom all 4 of my kids and my 5th kid the hubs (aka haircuts), shellac on my nails, homeschool our kids, diy projects. For 2 reasons, I like to save money and I think I’m a bit of a control freak. (Did I just admit that?!)
- I have a BA in English with a minor in Psychology. I was planning on being an editor!
But enough about me! I’d like to introduce you to some fabulous bloggers that are my nominees for this award!
Introducing the Nominees!!
Jennifer Gainer of Jenron Designs
Casey Fitzgerald House by the Bay Designs
House by the Bay Design is a DIY and home decor based in Toronto, Ontario. House by the Bay started as a way to update friends and family about the projects my husband and I tackle to make our new-build house a home. In the last 3 years it has grown to a blog that inspires homeowners and renters to tackle their own diy projects and show that do-it-yourself home improvement can be easy and fun.
Kelsey The Bliss List
The Bliss List is a lifestyle blog that focuses on positivity, creativity and finding extraordinary moments in your everyday life. Kelsey is a twenty-something girl living in the Niagara Region in Ontario, Canada. She started The Bliss List as a way to indulge in the things that bring bliss to her life like food, DIY, travel and wellness. It has grown into a space to share recipes and easy DIY projects, help others bring wellness into their lives and encourage everyone to follow their passions and live life to the fullest.